Friday, January 2, 2009

My New Year's Resolution

I never make a New Year's Resolution.  I think they're stupid.  Nobody ever follows through with them and who can even remember it by the time March rolls around?  But for some reason, this year I have one.  It is not specific, as we learned in Social Work classes that our goals should be, but is more of a general philosophy.  So without further ado, here it is:

Stay calm.  Be cool.  Kick ass.

So I guess that's actually 3, but oh well.

Stay calm - I sometimes have problems with anxiety and freak out.  There is nothing to freak out about, so I want to do it less.

Be cool - I am the oldest 24-year-old I know.  I am responsible and work hard.  I think about my long-term health.  What the heck!  I'm only 24!  I need to live a little!  So I got my nose pierced today.  

Kick ass - This is not literal.  I am the biggest wuss you will ever meet.  What I mean is that I want to be courageous and not such a chicken.  I need to meet my neighbors.  I need to tell people that I am a Christian.  I need to not worry about what other people think.

So there you have it.  What are your goals for 2009?

No comments: