- Environmental - the Earth's population is exploding and we are using up our resources too quickly. Babies need diapers and stuff and food for their whole lives. I could use cloth diapers, but if I never have to change diapers, even better!
- Occupational - I love my job. I've never met a mom who wasn't torn between her job and her kids. Why put myself in that situation if I don't have to?
- Emotional - Children are a blessing, but they can also be very stressful!
- Marital - My husband and I can agree to disagree on certain issues that won't ever affect us since we won't have kids. Working out agreements is a good thing, but there are just certain things we won't ever have to worry about (like video games/TV, curfew/bedtime, etc).
- Physical - I never have to be pregnant. Enough said.
- Helpful - As a wife, there is a lot of work to do at home (children or not!). As a Christian, there is a lot of work to do for God's Kingdom. I am seriously not perfect and still improving in this area, but being childfree really is freeing to help other children who are already here and do the other things that God wants me to.
Friday, November 25, 2011
Monday, May 16, 2011
Sunday, March 20, 2011
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Sunday, January 30, 2011
Sunday, January 23, 2011
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
After all the opposition, the Board of Education tabled the great chocolate milk debate. They await new federal guidelines on child nutrition.
But the discussion in Florida is far from over, Padgett said. "It's the trend of the future. It's the weight of the future."
At Pinellas Central (School), 10-year-old Hong Ho beamed when asked about her choice of white milk.
"Chocolate milk has, like, lots of fats and calories," she explained.
Friend and classmate Linh Le, also 10, shook her head as she sipped from her brown carton.
"I drink chocolate milk at school because I always drink plain milk in the morning," Linh said.
The two lifted their cartons to compare nutritional labels.
White milk: 110 calories, 12 grams of sugar. Chocolate milk: 150 calories, 26 grams of sugar.
"This has a lot of sugar!" Linh exclaimed.
"That," said Ho, "is why I don't drink chocolate milk."
See the rest of this article here.
Thursday, April 15, 2010
Saturday, March 13, 2010
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
2. What was the last thing you ate? Stovetop (real!) p0pcorn
3. What is your favorite moment on a tv show? The whole show Important Things with Demetri Martin and when the Steelers make an awesome play
4. Have you ever ridden in a limo? yeah! To McDonald's in 4th grade for Accelerated Reader
5. How many pregnant women do you know? Not counting the hundreds of pregnant ladies on the WIC program, 4
6. Three things you did this past weekend. Went to Richmond for the Alice in Chains concert, visited a little with my dad who drove a Uhaul from Florida, visited the OneTribe store.
7. What did your family do for vacations when you were young? Long Beach, NC and Pittsburgh to see extended family
8. Do you mind if guests show up unannounced? no, we have a bunch of cool neighbors who are always stopping by
9. When will you next travel by plane? In May to Puerto Rico woohoo!!
10. What did the last text message you received say? Don't remember - I don't text!
11. When was the last time you got dressed up? Every day I get semi-dressed-up for work (blah)
12. What do you miss when you are away from home? my kitties
13. What are you completely and totally over hearing about, reading about and discussing ad naseum? the Oscars. Who gives a crap?
14. What are three things you are looking forward to? Puerto Rico la isla mas bonita, my new job, hanging out more at Our Community Place
15. What is the newest thing you own? my knee brace and crutches
16. If I do anything well it's: cook
17. Do you use a planner? I always try to at the beginning of the month but then forget to look at it!
18. What is your all time favorite tv comedy? The Cosby Show
19. What is your current obsession? Soapmaking
20. Do you balance your checkbook or wing it? Wing it (don't tell my grandpa!!) I used to balance it but it took a lot of time and I'm really careful with what I spend so it never bounces.
21. What is your favorite store bought cookie? Soft Batch Chocolate Chip
22. High school was: lame
23. Describe your dream kitchen. Don't get me started. Those pull out drawers, a nice pantry, energy efficient appliances...the list could go on.
24. What would you really like to purchase? a new pepper grinder. The fifty cent one I got from the thrift store is no good.
25. What magazines do you read? Siempre Mujer (a women's magazine in Spanish)