Monday, January 19, 2009

MLK Day

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase."

I am taking a moment today to appreciate Martin Luther King, Jr.  Virginia also celebrates Lee/Jackson day on Friday, and while I appreciate the day off from work, I think it's crap that they tacked that onto the same holiday weekend that honors MLK.  I like to remember him because of the strength that he showed and the difference that he made in so many people's lives.  He was no chicken.  I know that the only person we should aspire to be like is Jesus, but I think MLK sure set a good example.  He reminds us to take that first step in faith.  I love the following quote, showing his practical side...

"It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can stop him from lynching me, and I think that's pretty important."

No comments: