Sunday, December 14, 2008

What's for dinner - Martini Chicken

Here's what I'm cooking for dinner tonight.  It is way more delicious than I thought when I first read the recipe.  It doesn't really taste like a martini, but you do have to like olives.  And thanks to an over-the-counter miracle pill called Prelief, I can eat it!

The original recipe comes from allrecipes.com but I never follow any recipe exactly.

MARTINI CHICKEN
A little olive oil
Some type of chicken or turkey.  I am cooking a big turkey breast in the crockpot and then using chunks of that for the recipe.
Black peper
2 Tbsp butter
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped, or dried chopped garlic is ok too.
1/4 to 1/2 cup gin
Spash dry vermouth
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 cup sliced green olives with pimentos

Just saute everything together until the sauce has reduced.

*Note:  You can substitute dry vermouth for any recipe that calls for white wine.  It is pretty inexpensive and the bottle looks classy on the counter.  I bought it for some dumb reason and it's pretty gross by itself but great for for cooking.

1 comment:

Laura Saufley Photography said...

We should get together one night and you can bring the Martini Chicken and I'll bring the Bourbon Slush. We'd probably have a pretty good night after that. : )