Saturday, May 2, 2009

Yard Sale Extravaganza

If you don't live in Harrisonburg, you've probably never seen anything like the Belmont Estates Yard Sale.  Basically, it's a huge subdivision of really nice houses, and twice a year they have a community yard sale.  I wish I had taken my camera.  Driving around is like trying to get out of a concert.  There are people and cars EVERYWHERE.

Why do I go to all this trouble, you ask?  Duh, the deals!  Today I spent about $60.  In the stores, the stuff I bought would've been at least $350-400.  I got a brand new hammock still in the box, a bread machine, bunches of clothes, a handheld game for my dad, a couple little household items, AND, the piece de restistance, a big painting in a nice frame.  Original price was $120 (the tag was still on the back) and I paid $15!!!  Woohoo!!

No comments: