Monday, October 27, 2008

Why you should love your crockpot (Part 1)

Crockpots are the best. They are a fairly cheap investment and usually last for years. In the summer when you don't want to heat up the house, they are a great alternative to an oven. They also use less energy (think of the size of an oven coil compared to your little crockpot one). So if you don't have one, get one! Almost anything that can be made in an oven can be made in a crockpot with slight modification.

Growing up, we didn't eat a lot of meat. My dad grilled chicken once in a while and my mom made tuna casserole once in a while, but not many roasts or pork chops or stuff like that (acually, I never had a pork chop until I was 17!!!) We ate a lot of ground beef so I'm good at that, but once I was out on my own I wanted to try new things. Let's just say that meat was not my specialty in the beginning. I didn't ruin it, but I just didn't know how to make it delicious. Enter the crockpot, the lifesaver of all meat chunks. You can pretty much cook any kind of meat and it will turn out tender and delicious.

No comments: