Sunday, June 21, 2009

What's for dinner - Rabbit

So I bought a rabbit from the farmer's market yesterday.  No, not a live one, it was already ready to cook, just like you would buy a chicken from the store.  I love buying stuff at the farmer's market b/c it's all local and you can ask the farmers/growers what they've fed their animals, how they treat their soil, etc.  I also ran into an old friend and bought some of his delicious fresh parsley which can be used in place of cilantro if you have a husband like mine who doesn't like it.

Anyway, here's how I'm attempting to cook the rabbit:
2 onions, sliced
4 pounds roasting rabbit, skinned
1 clove garlic, sliced
2 bay leaves
1 whole clove
1 cup hot water
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup cold water

Basically, you throw most of this into the slow cooker and cook it, then add the flour and water to make a "pan" gravy.  I might leave out the clove because I'm not sure if I have one...

Mmmmm....I hope!!

No comments: